Have you ever heard of a day porter? If you haven’t then allow us to put it into simple terms. A day porter is a superhero in the world of commercial cleaning!
Porter supervisors are highly trained professionals who provide porter services during the day, keeping your business clean and organised while you go about your day-to-day operations.
They’re like your own personal cleaning assistant, constantly monitoring the cleanliness of your facility and addressing any issues that may arise throughout the day. Day porters can help keep your business in tip-top shape by handling a wide range of tasks from trash removal to restocking supplies, and much more.
Hiring a day porter for porter services is never a bad idea, as porter supervisors help you maintain a clean and organised facility, which can improve the overall image and reputation of your business. Commercial cleaning experts can also free up time and resources for your employees to focus on their core responsibilities, ultimately leading to increased productivity and profitability.
But what exactly is included in porter services and what does a day porter actually do day-to-day? Keep reading to find out.
- Cleans and sanities restrooms
- Sweeps and mops floors
- Vacuums carpets
- Dusts surfaces
- Restocks supplies
- Removes trash and recycling
- Maintains the building’s exterior
- Provides concierge services
- Assists with event setup
- Performs minor repairs
- Replaces light bulbs
- Cleans windows
- Maintains landscaping
- Performs snow removal
- Checks and maintains fire extinguishers
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness in common areas
- Checks and maintains entrance and exit areas
- Cleans and maintains break rooms and kitchens
- Reports maintenance issues to management
- Keeps inventory of supplies and equipment
- Assists with moving furniture and equipment
- Responds to emergency situations
- Maintains security of the building and its occupants
- Provides customer service to building occupants
- Communicates with building management on a regular basis
- The list goes on and on!
If you are ready to take the leap and hire a porter survivor, then we are here to ensure that you are connected with the most qualified commercial cleaning professional!
At GBC Facility Services we are the preferred choice for porter services in the Greater Toronto Area. Providing unparalleled commercial cleaning services for businesses of all trades and sizes, we take pride in our responsibility to keep your space clean and sanitary at the best rates possible.
Not only do we ensure the quality of our work by hiring the most skilled day porter supervisors, but we also keep you up-to-date on our progress with daily KPI and reporting systems, so you can see for yourself the progress that we are making.
Get in touch with us directly to chat about day porter services for your Toronto business, organisation, or building.